Re: proposed response to Jeff Pan's response of 23 June concerning datatypes

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

> > Do you mean the other built-in "XML" schema (instead of OWL schema)
> > datatypes?
>
> Yes, sorry for the typo.  This is correct in the editor's draft at
> http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/owl/
>
> > And it is not clear to me where in RDF MT can I locate the
> > discussion about why the datatypes are problematic. It might be easier
for
> > the readers to follow if some more details (e.g. section number in the
RDF
> > MT document) are provided.
>
> A direct pointer will be included as soon as the RDF MT document is
updated
> to include one.  For now, I have included the section number (5).

For the purposes of formal process, I find your response is satisfactory. I
would, however, be interested in continuing this discussion, which we might
perhaps move to the RDF-logic mailing list?

Regards,
Jeff
--
Jeff Z. Pan  ( http://DL-Web.man.ac.uk/ )
Computer Science Dept., The University of Manchester