Re: OWL Tests with First Order reasoner.

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Jim Hendler wrote:

> At 6:44 PM +0100 6/12/03, Sean Bechhofer wrote:
> >On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Sean Bechhofer wrote:
> >

> >>  I've been doing some experiments with translating OWL DL tests into FOL
> >>  and then checking them with Vampire (an FO reasoner from Andrei Voronkov's
> >>  group). So far just looking at the DL/Lite inconsistency tests. I have
> >>  been able to succesfully verify the inconsistency of the 61 tests listed
> >>  below.
> >
> >Following up on this, there are some further experimental results at:
> >
> >http://wonderweb.man.ac.uk/owl/first-order.shtml
> >
> >These are still preliminary, but I think are promising results in terms of
> >implementation.
> >
> >	Sean
> >
> >--
> >Sean Bechhofer
> >seanb@cs.man.ac.uk
> >http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~seanb
>

> Sean - very impressive results.  How long are you giving things that time out?
>   -JH

1200 seconds (which is admittedly quite a while). However, the translation
that I use is somewhat naive. Ian and Dmitry have been looking at this
topic and I understand have a handle on optimisations one might make. The
inconsistency tests were all solved in less than 1 second.

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer
seanb@cs.man.ac.uk