Re: your request to reopen 5.26 (was Re: Minutes of the beer session)

Jim Hendler wrote:
>At 7:11 AM +0300 7/23/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>>Jim: Jul 22 2003
>>>  if you can claim victory
>>>  on that, please let us know
>>
>>I claimed victory on 4 June.
>>I have repeatedly asked for telecon time; and the chairs have not
prioritised
>>this (there was a scheduling constraint that it needed both me and Peter)
>>
>>I feel increasingly angry that the chairs agree to assign me an action,
which
>>required a significant amount of effort on my part, and then ignore the
>>results.
>>

>Jeremy - I am sorry you are angry, no slight was intended.  However,
>you are asking us to reopen an issue which you are already on record
>as opposing.  I haven't seen any evidence that anyone other than you
>believes in your solution and has asked to reopen the issue --

Jim - silence may indicate some kind of agreement; I would
even go further than DAG (and allow any cycle) but I'm not
able to dig deep enough in DL; as far as I could see Jeremy's
proofs are convincing (at least to me); I regret to not
have enough done to make testcases for 5.26 (there are none
and there could have been).