>>How about this:
>>
>>eg:c rdf:type owl:Class .
>>eg:d rdf:type owl:Class .
>>eg:ap rdf:type AnnotationProperty .
>>owl:Thing owl:oneOf rdf:nil .
>>
>>entails
>>
>>eg:c eg:ap eg:d .
>>

>>====
>>
>>I think this holds in OWL Full but not in OWL DL, yet it is within
>>the syntactic subset.
>

>As Mehrdad points out this is actually an OWL DL entailment,
>since owl:Thing is non-empty.
>
>Updated problem case is:
>
>eg:p rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty .
>eg:q rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty .
>owl:Thing owl:oneOf _:b .
>   _:b rdf:first eg:i .
>   _:b rdf:rest rdf:nil.
>   eg:i rdf:type owl:Thing.
>eg:i eg:p eg:i .
>
>  entails
>
>eg:i eg:q eg:i .
>
>True in OWL full, since the universe has only one element thus eg:q
>and eg:p are the same property.

Well, but the universe also contains all the RDFS properties and
classes and rdf:nil and all literal values, for example. So things
are a lot weirder than this example might suggest, since it would
also follow that for example:

rdf:type owl:sameAs owl:Thing .

(choose your favorite zany identity) and God alone knows what the
consequences of all these would be.  Certainly this would be
inconsistent in any datatyped interpretation, eg consider

xsd:string owl:sameAs xsd:integer .

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell