Re: TEST: I5.18 Unique Names Assumption Support in OWL

On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 10:34, Jos De_Roo wrote:
> before I forget... in the last telecon we discussed
> I5.18 Unique Names Assumption Support in OWL
> and I mentioned that I did some tests in the past with
> declaring the mutual different individuals in a list
> something like
>
>  {
>   <http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/owl-rules#rule7d1> .
>   :dt owl:allDifferent ( :Jos Maaike :Goedele :Veerle :Nele :Karel).
>   ( :Veerle ( :Jos Maaike :Goedele :Veerle :Nele :Karel)) math:indexOf "3".
>   ( :Nele ( :Jos Maaike :Goedele :Veerle :Nele :Karel)) math:indexOf "4".
>   "3" math:notEqualTo "4"} log:implies
> {:Veerle owl:differentIndividualFrom :Nele}.
>
> but the implementation could be improved...

Hmm... I thought of AllDifferent as a subclass of List.
ala...

  ( :Jos Maaike :Goedele :Veerle :Nele :Karel) rdf:type
owl:AllDifferent.

Anyway...

I took the action to elaborate on this allDifferent
idea, but it doesn't look like I'll get to it
this week; sorry.

If the semantics editors want to go ahead and
incorporate the idea into the 1st WD (i.e. taking
a position on 5.18, even though we might not
close it before release of the WD), I'd
appreciate it.

I've been noodling on how to write it up
in the guide... especially on how to make
it easy to use oneOf with AllDifferent.
The light-bulb hasn't gone off yet.