Re: LANG: number range expressions

At 8:46 PM +0300 5/2/02, Ziv Hellman wrote:
>I was recently looking through some DAML+OIL documentation and I noticed
>that in order to, for example, constrain the property 'age' of a class
>Adult to being 17 or over, one needs the following syntax.

[snip]

>If stating of a property that it has values between 3 and 25, or 3.14159
>and 24.996436, requires each time referencing a separate URI -- so in
>full generality there might be an uncountable(!) cardinality of URIs --
>and every time a user wishes to edit a range restriction this again
>requires locating the correct URI or creating one, it seems positively
>mind boggling. And this is only with reference to the simplest of value
>restrictions with respect to ranges -- how extensible would this be to
>more complicated constraints and business-rules?
>
>Will OWL inherit this type of behaviout from DAML+OIL?

Ziv - might I suggest you write an issue statement and send it to
Mike Smith - this is exactly the sort of mail that should be
accompanied by an issue request -- see
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#issueSubmission
for a reminder on how to do this
  -JH

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler