Re: LANG: number range expressions

I agree with Ziv and Dan that OWL needs some constraint mechanism for
datatype properties.
And XML Schema facets could be a solution to this problem.

> But the group decided to keep the datatypes and the rest of the universe
> of discourse separate, and this was one of the related consequences.

I think what has been decided is to keep classes and datatypes disjoint, as
well as object properties
and datatype properties. Now this may be a naive question but could we find
a syntactic solution
to express datatype constraints in an OWL document? Having classes and
datatypes disjoint does
not mean that they cannot coexist in the same document. As shown by Dan's
example, an RDFified
version of XML Schema facets would be much more usable than we currently
have in DAML+OIL.

I would like to bring another point concerning datatypes. As far as I know
DAML+OIL only supports
unary datatype constraints. I would be curious to hear people's opinion
about OWL supporting
n-ary datatype constraints. We could then make a level1/level2 distinction:
o level 1 does not support datatype constraints or only supports unary
constraints.
o level 2 supports n-ary datatype constraints.

Cheers,
David