RE: do we really need two languages/levels? [Issue 5.2]

Many of my HP colleagues talk to me in favour of something like OWL-lite.

Personally I don't care.

The arguments I hear from my colleagues are:
+ users who don't want to learn all of OWL can concentrate on learning OWL-lite
+ implementors who don't want to implement all of OWL can concentrate on
implementing OWL-lite
+ a belief that there is a sweet spot which is substantially less than DAML

I hear an expectation that the choice of features is driven by an assessment of
user need not ease of implementation. Thus Frank's assessment of which features
in DAML+OIL get used most often is the crucial input.

It all makes a certain amount of sense, and while I have some sympathy with
those in the WG arguing against two levels I would vote according to the
feedback I am getting from the HP community.

Jeremy