From: Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr [mailto:Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 10:59 AM
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Subject: Suntax comments on the Guide document

I have two problems with the Guide document that I encountered when
creating the transformation from XML syntax to RDF:

1) it says (last editor version):

"In this document we present examples using the OWL XML syntax,
assuming XML will be familiar to the largest audience. The standard
for interchange of OWL assertions between tools depends on RDF
triples. Note that OWL has been designed for maximal compatibility
with RDF and RDF Schema. "

But in fact the syntax is not at all the one given for XML Syntax in
the AS&S document.
To me the syntax used seems to be closer to RDF as defined in the
RDF/XML document of Dave Raggett.
In fact, I built the transformation for obtaining the syntax used by the
Guide.

I would favor a lot that the syntax used in the Guide be the XML
syntax provided by AS&S (with minor modifications). Then we could
concentrate on a translation to RDF/XML syntax and triple syntax.

2) I see that differentFrom takes an about attribute while
sameIndividualAs takes a resource attribute. I guess that they should
all be resource?

--
  Jérôme Euzenat                  __
                                  /      /\