Re: oneOf explicit dt values

From: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Subject: oneOf explicit dt values
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:25:27 +0100

> The abstract syntax and mapping talk about constructs like:
>
> oneOf( <datatypeID1> <value1> … <datatypeIDn> <valuen>)
>
> these map into triples some of which have rdf:first as the property.
>
> Such triples have the constants:<datatypeID1> <value1> ...
> as their values.
>
> This then cannot be expressed in RDF/XMl using the
> rdf:parseType="Collection" syntax, and so the list needs to be expressed in
> full-hand, with all the triples explicit.
>
> :(
>
> Jeremy

One reason for this is that RDF/XML can only express datatyping types in
the property element, and parseType collection elides these property
elements.  I had been hoping that RDF Core would have had a way of
providing longer-range datatyping, but this has not happened.

Another reason, which I just discovered, is that parsetype Collection takes
node elements only, not text, so even untyped literals cannot be used.
This makes

<owl:oneOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
 1
 2