Re: Issue 5.13 mediatypes: Proposal to CLOSE

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 13:59, Jonathan Borden wrote:

> As per the discussion at last week's conference call, I propose to close
> 5.13 internet media type by submitting the
>
> application/owl+xml media type registration currently located at:
>
> http://www.openhealth.org/WOWG/owl-mediatype.html

Hmm... you've reduced the options from 3 (XML, RDF, OWL)
to 2... I guess I don't object strongly, but it seems
worthwhile, to me, to note that folks can use app/xml
if they just want to ship OWL around without really
asserting it.

> I have changed the entailment parameter to accept a URIref which points to
> something (e.g. a model theory) which says which entailments are intended to
> be licensed by the author/server of the document.

I still think this entailment parameter isn't worth doing.

I suggest striking it, on the grounds that I gave
in my message of 13Nov:

"keep in mind that we'll need test cases and implementations of
this entailment parameter; I'm not in a good postion to
supply them."

I haven't seen anybody else supply test cases or
implementation experience meanwhile.