Re: OWL Lite semantics

On December 9, Jeremy Carroll writes:

> I think this comment looks crucial ...
>

> > This is *NOT* simply incompleteness w.r.t. OWL DL/full semantics,
> > because a Lite reasoner would be entitled to answer NO to a question
> > about entailment when the correct DL/full answer is YES.
>

> I was concentrating on the YES answers.

This is a common error.

> I will try and make a modification to the proposal that clarifies what
> should or should not be said about entailments that are OWL Full
> entailments but not OWL Lite entailments.

Why bother? It took us 9 months to formulate and agree to the current
semantics - is it really likely we can do the same for another
semantics between now and the proposed January last call?

I for one would vote "can't live with" on any such a proposal simply
on the grounds that it is totally unreasonable to expect the WG to
give it adequate consideration in the time available.

Ian