Re: LANG: Proposal to close ontology versioning (ISSUE 5.14)

"Smith, Michael K" wrote:

> > As you point out above, my proposal can
> > already express these two notions.
>
> How do I say 'A not backCompatWith B' using your terms?

In my terms, A priorVersion B without A backCompatWith B is the same as
A not backCompatWith B. While A priorVersion B and A backCompatWith B
means they are compatible. Since a version can only either be compatible
or incompatible, I only see the need for 1 bit of information.

However, if you think it would make things clearer to have the
"complement" of backCompatWith, that's fine. It certainly doesn't break
anything, it just adds another symbol to our vocabulary. What do you
suggest we call it? incompatWith? Why don't you propose specific wording
for an addendum to my proposal, and the WG can vote on whether or not to
add it?

Jeff