W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > August 2002

ADMIN: Agenda/Logistics August 29th, 2002

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:27:07 -0400
Message-Id: <p05111703b992ef4d49ec@[]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
August 29, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 90 minutes


To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)

0) Roll call

1) Admin:

Approve minutes
as amended in

1a - ACTION review:

Action Items

ACTION Larry Eshelman to contribute example to how-to-do-it doc
CONTINUED (with request from Eshelman for members to send part-whole
examples to him and guus' refinement of the request to send to the

ACTION: Hendler produce test for issue 4.2

ACTION: Jeremy Carroll to remove .rdf suffixes

ACTION: Guus to put together an example from his wine stuff - small
part of ontology that contains this kind of region/PartOf example -
for walkthru document

ACTION: Deb to take a shot at writing up the closed world example

ACTION: Guus to update UML document to reflect new Owl Lite
CONTINUED (with take 2 weeks)

ACTION: Chairs to find an editor or process to produce the RDF/RDFS/OWL
Lite/OWL comparison/discussion document. JimH to inform SW-CG this is
being considered.
ACTION: Hayes will do a revision of his model theory document that
addresses major points raised in the teleconference

ACTION - Peter Patel-Schneider will do a revision of his model theory
that clarifies the relationship between his MT and RDFS and he  will
attempt to make this relationship non-trivial

1 - b choose scribe for next week

1 - c Face to face 4 update
Jeremy re: registration process?

1 - d Face to Face schedule discussion (15 min)
  There has been considerable discussion on and off the mailing list 
about the chair's proposed decision to hold f2f 5 solely in 
Manchester, in particular it looks like quite a few US participants 
would not be able to attend.  If the meeting is held in the US, we 
hear the same from a number of European participants.  Low attendance 
at a January meeting is very worrying, given it may be a very 
important meeting for our group if we stick to current schedule 
(meeting would focus on moving to Candidate Recommendation status - a 
major step).
   Chris Welty hasoffered that he could host a meeting in New York 
for all those US participants who could not attend the Manchester 
meeting - with coordinated video of some sort between them.  (If the 
US group starts early (at 8) and the European group goes a bit late 
(till 6), we could have as much as 5 hours of overlap.)
   The chairs believe that Chris' offer, if it could be coordinated 
with the Manchester group, would provide more participants for at 
least some of the meeting and should be considered seriously.
  (See email from Chris Aug 28)

2 - TEST  (25 min; Jeremy)

Approval of tests on functional and inverseFunctional:
(please note the discussion and issues raised in the thread following 
the message above) and continued in the thread starting with

3 - SEM (20 min; Pat)

Pat is reworking the new semantic approach in a way that may meet WG 
consensus needs.  He will present the approach, and its potential 
@@ Pat Hayes ref not yet available.

4 - GUIDE (10 min: Guus or Mike S)
Status update and needs

5 - AOB

Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
Received on Wednesday, 28 August 2002 17:27:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 23:04:33 UTC