RE: ACTION: task force unasserted triples

Pat,

I wrote a note about this last week.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Apr/0200.html

I don't this lemma works, given the definition of light provided.

Lemma: If S rdfs-entails G, then light(S) rdfs-entails light(G).

Consider:

S =
 a3 rdfs:type owl:dark
 a1 rdfs:subclass a2
 a2 rdfs:subclass a3
 a3 rdfs:subclass a4
 a4 rdfs:subclass a5

G =
 a1 rdf:subclass a5

S entails G

light(S) =
 a1 rdfs:subclass a2
 a4 rdfs:subclass a5

light(G) =
 a1 rdf:subclass a5

light(S) does not entail light(G)

Perhaps there is more to the light function than I captured.  Though the
mods I considered tend to return an empty graph in case the owl:dark
component participates in any relations.

- Mike

Michael K. Smith
EDS Austin Innovation Centre
98 San Jacinto, #500