Re: ACTION: task force unasserted triples

Pat Hayes wrote:
> But I had the distinct impression that this option was ruled out at
> the Amsterdam F2F on the grounds that any solution that involved
> "lots of little files" wasn't acceptable. That was late on the second
> day, and things were a little chaotic, but since then I have been
> working on the assumption that we have to find some other way to do
> it. If that assumption is wrong, maybe someone else who was at the
> meeting can correct my memory.

Yes, I objected to the requirement that an ontology be published in _at
least_ 2 files (this is very likely to cause real world confusion, and a
host of other usability problems).

If we need something like a file of 'dark triples' then why not allow:

<rdf:RDF>
    ...light stuff here ...
   <rdf:RDF>
    ... dark stuff here...
   </rdf:RDF>
  ... light stuff here...
</rdf:RDF>

or

<rdf:RDF>
    ...light stuff here ...
   <rdf:dark>
    ... dark stuff here...
   </rdf:dark>
  ... light stuff here...
</rdf:RDF>

or else I am willing to consider 'dark namespaces' if embedded <rdf:RDF>
will itself be a disaster.

Jonathan