RE: re-raising an old issue

I believe I raised the idea, and clarified it in:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Feb/0197.html

I think in current terminology it would be saying that rdf:type generated
"dark" triples, that were "dark" in the sense that rdf:type is not asserted
as a property in the normal sense (even in RDF) but interpreted in a
different way (in the RDFS layer) using an ICEXT in the RDF Model Theory
which would be a primitive rather than defined in terms of IEXT(rdf:type).

I think given we have now probably missed the boat in getting a change of
that significance into the RDF Model Theory.

I think it is a good example of how I see the RDF Model Theory encoding
syntactic structures in the model rather than the more usual having the
interpretation respect the syntactic structures.

In RDFS this is exemplified by:

<#a> <#foo> <#bar> .
<#foo> <rdfs:subPropertyOf> <rdf:type> .

entailing

<#bar> <rdf:type> <rdfs:class> .

If rdf:type generated dark triples and/or were understood as being a
syntactic structure which is implicitly rather than explicitly represented
in the model, then as far as I understand, the above entailment would not
follow.

Jeremy