RE: Relationship between scopes and version histories

Exactly.

> However, a defined "switch" (include - exclude) could be a good hint for
the
> server in terms of performance, so I'd prefer a <d:exclude-versions/> as
> well.
>
> Alternatively the server should only include the versions, if
> <d:include-versions /> is specified.
>
> Does this make sense?

I don't like that, because I'd prefer to keep the definition of "scope"
intact. If versions happen to be in the namespace scope, they should be in
scope of the search as well. Thus the proposal to add a specific element
that *extends* the scope of the query.

Julian