  From: www-webdav-dasl-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-webdav-dasl-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Elias Sinderson
  Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 7:19 PM
  To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
  Subject: Re: issue: unprecise wording in appendix A (three-valued-logic)

  Hi,

  I feel that removing the sentence will lead to interoperability issues in
the future - it would be better to simply clarify the issue as Jim suggests.
How about something along the lines of the following:

"If a property in the current resource under scan has not been set to a
value (either because the property itself is undefined or the property is
empty for the current resource), then the value of that property is
undefined for the resource under scan."

Perhaps another sentence to explain how undefined values are sorted?

  Elias

  Jim Whitehead wrote:

I think it would help interoperability to add a sentence (or 1-2 short
examples) that stated how DASL implementations should treat
empty/"undefined" DAV properties.

Frankly, I can see myself not getting this right...

- Jim