From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]
Sent: Montag, 25. November 2002 09:51
To: Wallmer, Martin; www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
Subject: RE: gte vs. numerical property values

OK, I'll add that as a clarification.

> - reject the query if the type is unknown to the server.
> <martin>
> What about existing implmentations? Currently a server might react with
> "xsi:type unknown entity" or just ignore it (which would mean: String
> comparison)
> </martin>

(side remark: technically, this shouldn't be a problem -- after all, it's
just an Internet Draft.)

OK, how about *adding* an alternative to DAV:literal? Therfore:

DAV:literal: untyped, server can compare according to it's internal
knowledge of types (with the clarification above)
DAV:typed-literal: typed according to the xsi:type attribute -- "new"
servers can implement this without affecting any existing code.

We'll need to think abut discovery of this feature, though. It might be
possible to do this with QSD (in the meantime, are there any QSD
implementations except ours?)

Julian