RE: use of DAV namespace

If the meanings of the names are not 100% identical then two completely
different names must be used. How this is resolved, either through
coordination between DASL and Delta-V or through the use of two subsetted
namespaces is of less importance than the central principal that identical
names must have identical meanings.

<pedantic ramblings>
If we do decide to split the namespaces I would like to see us use the
format dav:v and dav:d (the bytes you save may be your own) rather than
dav://v/ and dav://d/. I would be extremely concerned were we to give our
users the mistaken impression that the DAV namespace is some hierarchy with
meaningful names. That is, if you get dav://v/foo you can say that foo is
necessarily a versioning feature. This would be a mistake as it overloads
the semantics of the namespace. All dav names should be treated as
absolutely flat and the only valid comparison function should be a
byte-by-byte compare. I think using the dav:v and dav:d format make this
point clearer and reduces the chance that someone will mistakenly think that
dav:v:foo has any special meaning.

Of course, on the negative side, everyone will end up mistyping dav://v and
we will all end up programming our DAV parsers to accept dav://v but damnit
at least we will know in our hearts that we were right! =)
</pedantic ramblings>

			Yaron