Re: Three Valued Logic and Elimination Defined

Babich, Alan wrote:

> (1) For numbers: If a column in the arithmetic expression
> is NULL, its value is treated as undefined. If any undefined
> operation occurs (e.g., division by zero), the value of
> that operation is treated as undefined.

[...]

> (3) For the relational operators >, >=, <, <=, =, !=,
> if either or both operands are undefined, the result is
> the truth value UNKNOWN.

Um.  Math geek time.  This says that the result of "1=2/0" is
UNKNOWN.  I say it should be FALSE, because 1!=2/0, because
0*1!=2.

|John (Francis) Stracke    |My opinions are my own.|S/MIME supported |
|Software Retrophrenologist|=========================================|
|Netscape Comm. Corp.      | Cogito ergo Spud.  (I think, therefore  |
|francis@netscape.com      |  I yam.)                                |
New area code for work number: 650