Re: SCXML Tests assume Invalid Data Model Locations

If there really is no such thing in your data model, then I think that
you would report that you (vacuously) passed the tests, adding a comment
that there is no such thing as an invalid location in your data model.
The tests are mandatory in that an interpreter _must_ respond a certain
way if someone tries to assign to an invalid location.  This is not
optional behavior.  Your interpreter is also required to behave this way
- it  just happens that the situation in question cannot arise in your
data model, so there's no way for you to actually run the test.

Overall, these tests have the form: "If X then Y" (more precisely:
"whenever X, then Y").  In logic, such statements are  true when X is
false.  Systems that can make X true have to run the test Systems that
cannot make X true pass without running the test.  But you don't have a
choice about whether to make "Whenever X, then Y" true in your system.
It just happen to take much work for you to do it...

(Though see David's email - are you sure that there's _nothing_ you
could put on the left hand side of an assign that would cause a data
model error?).

- Jim

--
Jim Barnett