From: www-voice-request@w3.org [mailto:www-voice-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Johan Roxendal
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:08 AM
To: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: SCXML: the src attribute of invoke, invokeid targeting

hi,

thanks for the help with my previous issues. there is, however, more
where those came from ;)

Q1:
there seems to be some conflicting information about with which syntax
to target invoked processes with send elements. in
http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#DataSharing  the format #_invokeid is
suggested, but it's unclear whether the underscore should be included or
not. in http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#SendTargets the preferred approach
is #_invoke_invokeid.

in my implementation, <invoke id="i" /> can be reached through <send
target="#i" />. simple enough, but it'd be good to know how it _should_
be.

Q2:
invoked scxml documents (linked to using the src attribute) could be
fetched either asynchronously or synchronously. the standard offers no
hints, so I assume you prefer the synchronous approach (which is fine
for languages such as Python but not as fun in event-driven languages
such as Actionscript). do you intend to leave the synchronicity of the
src attribute open or will that be clarified in the standard?

Q3:
The scxml invoke type seems specifically for invoking external
_documents_. are there any plans for invoking external SCXML processors
(i.e documents that are being executed) as well, or is the preferred
method of communication <send> with type scxml and target and
http-enabled location? I ask, of course, because I've come across a need
for invoking external processors and my implementation won't be
compatible with any other processor than PySCXML as things now stand.

thanks for your time,
Johan Roxendal
http://code.google.com/p/pyscxml

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.