Re: Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

Thank you for your comments.  My replies are embedded below.

Dan Burnett
SSML 1.1 Co-Editor

On Sep 7, 2010, at 1:21 PM, Innovimax W3C wrote:

> Congratulations for the very good job

Thank you!

> Let me just remind you of two things
>
> 1) To not forget the work item of providing Relax NG and/or NVDL for
> SSML markup

Thank you.  As you suggested in your Review of this document, we will
consider adding this for a future version of the specification.

> 2) http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-synthesis/ still points to 1.0 which
> is sad since we have no clue that 1.1 is now a REC and superceedes 1.0

This is a new comment from you (and for the group), and it is an
interesting one.  You are right that the shortnames are different for
the two specifications.  This is actually important since VoiceXML
imports SSML by reference, something that could be problematic if we
had used the same shortname for both.  Note that this way there is no
confusion about what VoiceXML 2.0/2.1 require.
I suspect that we will need serious consideration of this issue if/
when we produce an SSML 2.0.