FW: R117: Comments on LCWD, application.lastresult$

Forwarding to www-voice for archiving purposes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Göbel [mailto:tgoebel@voiceobjects.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:32 PM
To: Matt Oshry
Subject: RE: R117: Comments on LCWD, application.lastresult$

Hi,

there is at least one platform that only supports the use case you mention in the VXML 2.1 spec:
<nomatch count="3">
        <var name="the_recording"
          expr="application.lastresult$.recording"/>
        <submit method="post"
          enctype="multipart/form-data"
          next="upload.cgi"
          namelist="the_recording"/>
</nomatch>

I.e., assigning the application.lastresult$.recording to a variable before submitting it. Trying to put it directly in the namelist of the <submit> fails on this platform.
I agree that no clarifying text is necessary, as 5.3.8 of VXML2 is quite clear. But maybe you could consider modifying the example such that the recording is not first assigned to a variable:
<nomatch count="3">
        <submit method="post"
          enctype="multipart/form-data"
          next="upload.cgi"
          namelist="application.lastresult$.recording"/>
</nomatch>

Thanks and regards
Tobias,-

Tobias Göbel
Program Manager
VoiceObjects GmbH

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended above named recipient(s). Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.