From: www-voice-request@w3.org [mailto:www-voice-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of gerry.weir@sasktel.sk.ca
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 00:42
To: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: Event Driven outbound calling

I realize that I have jumped on the bus late here, but I was wondering
if there has been consideration given to initiation of an outbound CCXML
application(s) based on an external event or request.

We are using IBM WVR 4.2 and we have implemented an outbound CCXML
application using the <send data =  " "  delay=30s ...> to refresh the
doc every 30 seconds.  The CCXML document is dynamically generated by
the application server with a <makecall ...> tag if a call is to be
made. This is a brute force method, but it does work.

We have other applications we would like to convert to VXML and CCXML
but they require an external event trigger for the outbound calling.
Other applications for this type of event driven outbound calling would
be web pages 'Click to call' services.

Please let me know if this is on the  radar screen at this point.

Thanks
Gerry Weir :-)
Technical Analyst
ITM Tech Solutions
SaskTel
ph (306)777-2328

NOTICE:    This e-mail contains confidential information which is
RESTRICTED to those who need the information in order to provide service
to a customer.  Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or disclosure
is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us by replying to this e-mail.  Please delete this communication
and destroy any copy immediately.