Re: SCXML : Event Generation and Dynamic Creation of Statechart

Greg, Jim,

Thanks for your  reply,

Greg:
 >"ECharts supports dynamic creation/destruction of submachine instances
*within a state*."

Yes,

Raxit(previous post):
 >I think (but not much sure )that <invoke> can be modeled as , Dynamic
 >Creation of new State (with new State-Id) and call to appropriate
 >services, and as  actuall call is madeup from new state, with new
 >stateid, What Gilman has suggested the concepts of Event would now apply

in above line,
Dynamic Creation of new State (within current state-hierarchy from which
<invoke> called) (with new state-id) and...

I mean to say NOT  a New-State at TOP LEVEL, But creation of newstate at
current level (i.e. Either Parallel or SubState) from where <invoke>
called (and which one would semantically appropriate if this possible
parallel/substate?  because <invoke> can not be direct child of <scxml> ),

Would it  be Semantically equivalent of Event-related stuff (suggested
by Gilman),  ?

Thanks,
Raxit Sheth

--

Raxit Sheth
Systems Software Engineer

***********************
Please note our new Address.
***********************
Phonologies (India) Private Limited
17/18 Metro House, Colaba Causeway,
Mumbai 400001. INDIA.
Ph:+91-22-22029732 / 36   Fax:+91-22-22029728

Info@Phonologies.COM
http://www.phonologies.com

****The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful****