Re: some comments on an SCXML draft

James Barnett and Other VBVG members,

Barnett, James wrote:

> Raxit,
>  We think it would be a bad idea for the state machine to wait
> automatically for the CancelResponse event.

I agree with this, as i mentioned in  my previous reply,(just copied
below,partially)

"One solution (but may not be good)  to make 'FULL Synchronization' (But
Work only for Synchronized Web-Services,)"

> While it is true that
> waiting for the event would solve the problem Al Gilman poses, it would
> cause the state machine to block forever in the case where the other
> entity did not send the CancelResponse event (e.g., because it had
> crashed.)

I completely agree with Your points as I mentioned in my previous reply,

What i think  is that two issues/solutions raised by Al Gilman, is
complmentry,
and providing EVENT_ID would make possible [<invoke> and <state>] pair
and [<invoke> and <parallel> ]
and [Multiple Invoke within One State] will be compatible. (which are
not possible as per current SCXML Draft)

Please refer the previous post
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2006JanMar/0099.html

any known issue ? (at the implementation level, I think one need to
implement Publish-Subscribe with composite state or simillar)

> - Jim

Many Thanks,
Raxit Sheth

--

Raxit Sheth
Systems Software Engineer

***********************
Please note our new Address.
***********************
Phonologies (India) Private Limited
17/18 Metro House, Colaba Causeway,
Mumbai 400001. INDIA.
Ph:+91-22-22029732 / 36   Fax:+91-22-22029728

Info@Phonologies.COM
http://www.phonologies.com

****The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful****