Re: Request for comments for Media Type registration ofapplication/ccxml+xml

At 14:37 04/07/27 -0700, RJ Auburn wrote:
>Chris:
>
>Comments and replies are inline. Let me know if there are any other issues:
>

>On 07/22/2004 11:05, "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org> wrote:
> > I agree that this sort of context, although obvious when the W3C
> > document as a whole is studies, is fairly opaque when a single appendix
> > is extracted and sent as an email message.
> >
> > Prepending the 'Abstract' of the specification, and giving a link to the
> > full specification, would be helpful.
>

>Sorry. I should have done this.
>Martin: any chance we could update the w3c page with some examples of what
>should be sent to this list? I think it might be helpful to have some
>pointers to good example requests.

Yes. For that, we first have to have good examples. I'm looking forward
to use your next mail to this list as such an example.

> > 'This specification' should be a link to the main page of the document,
> > even if that is a link to itself for a short document, and inline URIs
> > should be indicated in the ascii text version by a numbered link [1]
> >
> > [1] http://example.org/like/this
>
>This section now reads:
>
>Published specification:
>
>     This media type registration is for XML bodies that
>     conform to the DTD/Schema referenced in Appendix B and C and
>     interpreted by the rules of the CCXML specification [1].
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/tr/ccxml/

I personally think that this kind of '[1]' citation is a bit
of overkill. If you get that from a text conversion on the W3C
Web site, feel free to use it. But I think something like

     This media type registration is for XML bodies that
     conform to the DTD/Schema referenced in Appendix B and C and
     interpreted by the rules of the CCXML specification at
     http://www.w3.org/tr/ccxml/.

is more readable, and more popular in plain text formats such
as email.

>Ok, this is what it will look like now:
>
>Magic number(s):
>
>There is no single initial octet sequence that is always present in CCXML
>documents. This media type is expected to be handled by an XML processor, as
>indicated by "+xml". XML processors may detect CCXML by its namespace URI,
>http://www.w3.org/2002/09/ccxml
>
>Is this ok with folks?

Okay with me.

Regards,    Martin.