Re: Evidently someone is confused as to what "barge in" means.

Dean, are you confusing the "bargein" attribute with the "bargeintype"
attribute?  You quoted the behavior for when the bargeintype attribute
(or property) is set to "hotword".  If bargeintype is set to "speech"
then the prompt is stopped on the start of speech or DTMF, ie:
when the person "interrupts" the prompt.

The bargeintype default is platform-specific, but I would think that
the "speech" value is the more common default to avoid the
stutter-effect for all but special hotword-based applications.
-Rob