Re: OT: TTS Engine

If you remove the space between "free" and "tts," you get
FreeTTS:  http://freetts.sourceforge.net/.  It's based on
Alan Black's Flite and Festival, and is written entirely
in the Java programming language.  It also has socket-based
examples that show you how to use it from non-Java environments.

Hope this helps,

Willie Walker
Principal Investigator, Speech
Sun Microsystems Laboratories