desc in audio [was: RE: some WAI comments on SSML]

At 08:04 PM 2003-08-08, Daniel Burnett wrote:

>Dear Al/WAI-PF,
>
>Thank you for your review of the most recent SSML draft.  Our responses
>are below.
>
>If you believe we have not adequately addressed your issues with our
>from you within 14 days, we will take this as tacit acceptance.  If
>you believe you will need more time for review, we would appreciate
>an estimate of how much time you will need.
>

>3. VoiceXML took the 'audio' element from SSML,  As a result of the Last
>Call review of VoiceXML 2.0 this element got changed a bit.  Please bring
>the 'audio' element as used in SSML into agreement with the definition in
>VoiceXML 2.0, including the specification language defining and describing
>the 'desc' element.
>
>http://www.w3.org/Voice/Group/2002/voicexml20-disposition.htm#R478-1

I believe we should accept this disposition, based on reading

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-speech-synthesis-20021202/#edef_audio

The rule for when to use 'desc' is there and there is a reference from the
paragraph describing 'audio' to get you to this rule under 'desc'.

Al