From: Guillaume Berche [mailto:guillaume.berche@eloquant.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 10:47
To: Scott McGlashan
Cc: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: RE: [dialog] Berche - VBWG official response to VoiceXML 2.0
Last Call Review Issues

Scott,

Thanks for your response.

> Please indicate before 3 October 2002 whether you are satisfied with
the
> VBWG's resolutions, whether you think there has been a
> misunderstanding, or whether you wish to register an objection.

For points 1,2,3 I am overall satisfied with the VBWG's resolutions,
even
though I regret that the modifications made to the draft specifications
are
not made public by the VBWG. It is not possible to reviewers to properly
validate corrections brought to the specifications without having access
their wording (the references [4] and [5] in the public response of the
VBWG
are not publicly available, thereby making the response to public
reviewers
incomplete).

For points 4,5,6,6,7,8, and 9 I can not find the corresponding VBWG's
resolution in your answer. So unless this is due to a typing problem, I
am
not satisfied with the VBWG's resolutions and wish to register an
objection
(especially for points 7 and 8).

Please let me know if more detailed information concerning the issues I
raised would help.

Thanks and best regards,

Guillaume Berche.

(members
> only)

> 2) Issues you raised and responses
>
> In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2002AprJun/0079.html
> you raised
> the following issues which were registered as dialog change request
> R477.
> Our response is given inline after each issue.
>
> Here are some comments that I previously sent to the list concerning
the
> October 2001 draft version and that I believe to be still valid on the
> draft
> from 24 April 2002. As you suggested in our private email
conversation,
> [...]
matching
> active grammar) will interrupt a prompt, and will be handled in the
same
> way
> as non matching DTMFs entered outside of a prompt."
>
> VBWG Response: Accepted.
>
> We have a slightly different solution, though. We have clarified in
> section 4.1.5.1 in [5] that the "bargeintype" attribute of <prompt>
> applies to DTMF input as well as speech input
>

> [4]
> Just clarify 4.1.5 with respect to interruption of a chain of
> queued prompts
> Suggested fix: in section 4.1.5, modify the text to:
> "Users can interrupt a prompt whose bargein attribute is true, but
must
> wait
> for completion of a prompt whose bargein attribute is false. In the
case
> where several prompts are queued, the bargein attribute of each prompt
> is
> honored during the period of time in which that prompt is playing. If
> bargein occurs during any prompt in a sequence, all subsequent prompts
> are
> not played **(even those whose bargein attribute are set to false)**."
>
> [5]
> For completeness and convenience, an extract from section 4.1.5 below
> should
> be reproduced or at least mentionned in section 4.1.8.
> Suggested fix: add the sentence below before "Before the interpreter
> exits
> all ..."
> "As stated in section 4.1.5, when the bargein attribute is false, any
> DTMF
> input buffered in a transition state is deleted from the buffer"
>
> [6]
> Concerning ECMAScript variables holding non-scalar values (such as
field
> item variable for a record fieldaudio, or the special _prompt variable
> as
> mentionned in my previous mail)
> - what ECMAScript type do they have? Is it indeed an ECMAScript an
host
> object as defined in the ECMAScript specifications (or Array object
> containing other objects in the case of the _prompt variable). If so,
> what
> is their exact list of properties along with their type and properties
> (ReadOnly, DontEnum, DontDelete, Internal)?. As a side-question, what
> does
> the ECMAScript typeof operator returns on these objects?
>
> Concerning ECMAScript special variables (such as <name>$.<shadow_var>
in
> fields)
> - can they be modified by (of as a side effect of) ECMAScript code
> evaluation (such as evaluating a guard condition, or an expr
attribute)?

> Suggested fix: Add a specific section about ECMAScript evaluation.
This