Re: VoiceXML2.0: Missing "destexpr" attribute in specification of <record> element

Scott,

Please elaborate your comments:

>... The issue you described has already been discussed within the W3C
> VoiceXML team. Due to a number of unresolved technical issues around the
> "dest" attribute, it is expected that the next Working Draft of the
> VoiceXML 2.0 specification will remove the "dest" attribute from
> <record> (hence, 'destexpr' is no longer relevant).
> Please let me know if this reply is unsatisfactory, or you want further
> information.

I feel it is unsatisfactory, and I want further information:

1.  Without DEST, what utility will remain in the RECORD element?

2.  Are there any plans to add a general EVAL to VoiceXML, eliminating
the need for dichotomies such as DEST/DESTEXPR?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
James