  From: Hitesh.Seth@silverline.com
  To: tehdy.draoui@polygones.com ; www-voice@w3.org
  Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 5:56 PM
  Subject: RE: Need to access DB in VoiceXML but not Server-side

  You can definitely achieve this in SpeechObjects. In fact if I remember correctly, Nuance V-Builder does have SpeechObjects which achieve this functionality. However, by definition "object" tag is implementation dependent. So you would loose portability there.

  Also, some vendors have have also incorporated that functionality by supporting component models such as ActiveX, Java Beans right from the Script.

  I would like to also understand what is the main driver for accessing the database from within a VoiceXML document?

  Thanks.

  Best Regards

  Hitesh