Re: suggestion: option "check XML wellformedness"

Helmut Richter (hhr-m@web.de) wrote:

I suggest to add a new option "check XML wellformedness" to the WWW
> validator. If this option is selected by the user, violations of
> wellformedness shall be reported as warnings.

I’m afraid the request is unrealistic, because it would require a lot of
new code and make the structure of the validator more complex.

More realistically, we could ask for processing HTML by XML rules, so that
violations of well-formedness rules are errors. In fact, it’s already
there, in the sense that if you ask for validation by URI and the HTTP
headers specify Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml, this is what happens.

--
Jukka, https://jkorpela.fi