Re: Question refused, where do I send validator questions ?

From: Chuck Houpt <chuck@habilis.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 10:29:23 -0500
Cc: Www Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Colin Hinson <Colin@blunham.com>

> On Feb 25, 2021, at 8:40 AM, Colin Hinson <Colin@blunham.com> wrote:
>
> I get errors due to blank rows and try as I might, I cannot see how to fix these errors, as having anything but a blank row screws up the tables. The blank rows occur where two columns with "rowspan" in them overlap by more than one row.

An alternative would be to use CSS Columns to layout the table across two or more visual columns. Here's a simple example:

Live version at: https://jsfiddle.net/3fycqsv1/

The advantage of this setup is that the table is greatly simplified and more accessible (screen readers, copy-paste, etc).

- Chuck