Re: IO Error whenever page is named contact.html

 Leonid Batkhan (leonid.batkhan@lenetek.com) wrote:

I tried validating several websites, and noticed that whenever page is
> called contact.html I am getting the following
>
> 1.      *IO Error*: HTTP resource not retrievable. The HTTP status from
> the remote server was: 409.
>
> https://www.usa-travel.us/contact.html

I get a somewhat different response, but with the same information

Sorry! This document cannot be checked.

   1. [image: Error]

   I got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve <
   http://www.usa-travel.us/contact.html>:

   409 Conflict

   You can choose to validate the received error document
   <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usa-travel.us%2Fcontact.html;No200=1>
for
   example if the URL intentionally points to one (there is also a "Validate
   error pages" option in the options view for this purpose).

HTTP error code 409 shouldn’t really happen for operations like validation
request:

If I click on the “validate the received error document” link, I get a
validation report for the actual contact.html page. So it seems that the
validator gets the right document but somehow interprets the accompanying
HTTP status code as error code 409.(anc, accordingly, treats the page
content as an error document).

The problem does not occurt fo all contact.html resources, e.g. not for my
http://jkorpela.fi/contact.html (but it’s not an http vs https issue; the
problem also occurs for http://www.usa-travel.us/contact.html ).

Jukka