Re: Valid HTML icon for HTML5

Hi Wayne, this may help:

Will there be a valid HTML5 icon?

No, there won’t be a Valid HTML icon any time soon and likely not ever.

The reason is basically that “This is valid” icons/badges promote the idea
that there’s significant value in making public claims of pass/fail
document-conformance requirements in standards.

But the HTML5 checker is by design not intended to encourage anybody to use
it as a means to make public assertions of simple pass/fail conformance of
any documents to any particular specifications; it’s intended solely as a
checker — for people to use to catch unintended mistakes in documents and
fix them — not as a pass/fail certification mechanism.

There won’t be any proper Valid HTML5 icon forthcoming, so if you’d like to
use one in your content, you’ll probably need to create one on your own.
source:
http://html5doctor.com/html5-check-it-before-you-wreck-it-with-miketm-smith/

--

Regards