Valid HTML icon for HTML5

From: Wayne Campbell <asa.rand@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 09:14:07 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi.

I have been taking great care to make sure my pages validate for HTML5 and
CSS3. I have been going back through some sites that I created years ago
(not online, offline on my hard drive) and found that I had put the valid
HTML 4.01 icon and the valid CSS icon on one of them. This made me think I
should consider updating the HTML icon to HTML 5 and using it on all of my
sites. However, there is no HTML 5 icon, nor is there a plain HTML icon to
be found. I used the plain CSS icon because there was no CSS3 icon at the
time (I think CSS2 was the current then and CSS3 was still in development).
There still isn't a CSS3 icon, but the CSS icon with no number suffices. A
HTML icon with no number would suffice for HTML5 if there was one. Does the
W3C have plans to create new validation icons in the near future? Or at all?

Wayne Campbell