From: Mark Rogers <mark.rogers@powermapper.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 7:20 AM
To: Catherine Ailanjian <Catherine.Ailanjian@wdc.com>; www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: validator issue for <title>

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Western Digital. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the content is safe.

Hi Cat

I can’t see the problem happening now, so looks like it’s been fixed.

Errors like this in what looks like the head element often means a stray character or an element like <span> or <div> has appeared earlier in the head and triggered the start of the body element. This happens because both head and body start/end tags are optional in HTML5, so non-head text or elements close the head element and start the body element.

For example, the stray full stop here ends the head after meta charset and triggers the title error you saw:

<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>

Best Regards
Mark

Mark Rogers - mark.rogers@powermapper.com<mailto:mark.rogers@powermapper.com>
PowerMapper Software Ltd - www.powermapper.com<http://www.powermapper.com>
Registered in Scotland No 362274 Quartermile 2 Edinburgh EH3 9GL