Re: aria-label on ul generates a "possible misuse of aria-label"

Sarge Viktor RGS VS IT (Viktor.Sarge@regionhalland.se) wrote:

> I’ve noticed that we get warnings when using aria-labels to explain what
> content a ul-element contains

The warnings are indeed somewhat obscure, as they do not give a hint of
what the problem really is, and they are warnings (not error messages) and
say just ”Possible misuse”: Is there any element or attribute that cannot
possibly be misused?

But from I previous discussion on this líst, I found a reference to the page
https://developer.paciellogroup.com/blog/2017/07/short-note-on-aria-label-aria-labelledby-and-aria-describedby/

It suggests that aria-label should only be used for some types of elements.
Unless I’m missing something, <ul> might qualify ifyou assign a suitable
role="..." to it (some landmark role, I suppose).

Alternatively, the good old title="..." attribute might work. I don’t know
about support to it in browsers, vs. support to various ARAIA attributes.

Yucca