Re: Nu Validator--garbled quotes?

From: Kean Erickson <kerickson@omniupdate.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 00:26:47 +0000
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
...and just after sending this I realize the problem, I forgot to specify UTF-8 in my decoding of the string. But now I have a different question:

Why are oxford quotes (i.e. winword characters) used for the W3C validator's response contents? Is this deliberate? They are very non-portable (and the bane of many developers), I am wondering if I could file an issue to have them taken out.

Kean Erickson
Software Developer
OmniUpdate
805.484.9400, ext. 261