Nu Validator--garbled quotes?

From: Kean Erickson <kerickson@omniupdate.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 00:21:47 +0000
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi there,

I have a question about the Nu Validator's JSON output. I am using the newest version's docker image like so:

docker run -it --rm -p 8888:8888 validator/validator:latest

..and am sending a POST to the http checker with ..?out=json using content-type "text/html;charset=utf-8" and accepting "application/json;charset=utf-8"

It works properly but the content I am getting (see attached) back seems garbled, the quotes are encoded weirdly. The results themselves don't matter, I am wondering about all of the "“a�" entries appearing in place of quotes and other entities. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong with the content-type? I tried setting content-type to application/json but the response demanded an XML-based content-type even though I am requesting JSON.

Thank you for your time,
Kean Erickson
Software Developer
OmniUpdate