Re: type attributes for javascript and style

Jens Oliver Meiert wrote:
>> I've noticed, that type attributes for javascript and style are causing
>> warnings. Why? They are "unnecessary", but not forbidden.
> That’s why a warning is thrown and not an error :)
>
> The line is certainly a bit arbitrary (unneeded end tags, for example,
> don’t result in like warnings) but the question is certainly
> legitimate: Why use code that is unnecessary?
May I respectfully suggest "to render the code maximally intelligible to
human readers" ?  Terseness /may/ have a place where the sole object is
to maximise the speed of delivery and/or rendering, but in any situation
where it is probable or even possible that a human may need to read
and/or modify the code at some point, I prefer explicitness and even
redundancy.  I draw the line at redundant semi-colons. though, which I
eschew with a vengeance.

Philip Taylor