Re: type attributes for javascript and style

From: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 11:13:36 +0100
To: Gert Ebersbach <mail@ge-webdesign.de>
Cc: W3C WWW Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
> I've noticed, that type attributes for javascript and style are causing
> warnings. Why? They are "unnecessary", but not forbidden.

That’s why a warning is thrown and not an error :)

The line is certainly a bit arbitrary (unneeded end tags, for example,
don’t result in like warnings) but the question is certainly
legitimate: Why use code that is unnecessary? A warning hence seems
justifiable. (Note that this is my own view, I don’t work on the
validator.)

--
Jens Oliver Meiert
https://meiert.com/en/