Re: [www-validator] <none>

On 22 Aug 2017, at 19:30, Eric Richards wrote:

> by the way i can not validate one of my HTML pages because the
> validator tells me i have errors in my javescript, thinking it is
> HTML. can it not be set to ignore any javascript (or this case PHP)
> then give a "alert" saying something like "This validator does not do

The validator will not report any errors for JavaScript written
correctly according to the rules of HTML (or XHTML depending on the
Doctype). I’m not aware of any knows bugs there (and its a bit of HTML
that hasn’t changed for a long time so I’d be surprised if any
cropped up). The fault is most likely with your code and not the
validator.

Of course, you didn’t provide a test case, so …