From: Trenton D. Adams
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 6:20 AM
To: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: validator won't return json

Any developers on here that might know what the problem is here?

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Trenton D. Adams <trenton.d.adams@gmail.com> wrote:

  Before I file a bug, I thought I would ask why this does not work.  I sent the output=json, and then url encoded the uploaded_file as well.  I know http://validator.w3.org/docs/api.html#soap12format says that the uploaded_file should be multi-part form-data, but that also did not seem to return the json; unless I got the syntax wrong.  If I use the "uri" option instead, it appears to work fine.  In either of the two failed cases, there are special headers returned indicating that the validation of the fragment failed, how many errors, how many warnings, etc.

  Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

  http://validator.w3.org/check

  POST /check HTTP/1.1
  Host: validator.w3.org
  Origin: http://reuben.pc.athabascau.ca:8080
  Pragma: no-cache
  Cache-Control: no-cache
  output=json&uploaded_file=%0A%0A%0A%0A%0A%0A%0A%0A%3Cblah-blah-encoded-fragment

  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 01:34:11 GMT
  Server: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
  Connection: close