Re: [VE] [325] Add Subject Here

2013-04-17 17:41, David Dorward wrote:

> On 17 Apr 2013, at 15:21, Kosha Burnett wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, fixing all of the errors that appear is not an option
>> as the hyperlinks are provided by the client and contain lengthy
>> tracking codes that get parsed as html errors. However, looks like a
>> solution is on the way and I am thankful for that!
>
> Write a script to convert the text representations of the URIs to HTML
> representations then and stick it into your workflow between "Get data
> from client" and "Insert into HTML document".

Alternatively, ignore the messages.

The use of “&”, when followed by a name, which is not followed by a
semicolon, is a violation of HTML 4.01 rules. But it does not cause any
actual harm. Browsers and search engines take the “&” as a data
character, not as starting an entity reference, provided that the name
is not an entity name as per HTML 4.01. This error recovery has been
formally described and made mandatory in the HTML5 CR.

Yucca